Well, Summer Basketball is finally over! I feel like it was never-ending and John wasn't even involved as much this summer. We are looking forward to spending the last few weekends of summer together before school starts.
It is now in the hundreds here in Arizona. Today it was 106 and we aren't even to the hottest part of the summer, yet. I have decided that instead of being snowbirds we are going to be summerbirds and migrate north from May to October when it is miserably hot!
My Grandpa is doing much better! My mom and aunt stayed in Indiana with him for a week to help with the transition home. I can't wait to see him in August for his 80th Birthday party! He is getting really excited to meet Jalyn for the first time also. I am a little bummed that he won't be able to take me for my first motorcycle ride though! I was really looking forward to that. Another time I guess.
We had a great 1st Father's day. Not only was it Father's day but it was also Jalyn's birthday. She is now 4months old. John had basketball all weekend so we were just able to go to dinner when he got home Sunday. Jalyn got him the movie Enemy of the State and a picture frame that has pictures of her dad and mommy in it. Of course, it couldn't be just any old picture frame mommy had to doctor it up a bit for her. She is still a little young to be scrapbooking. :)
My Birthday was this past weekend and it was a great! John got carry out for breakfast from this new restaurant that we found called Hoosier Cafe. It is decorated in all Hoosier memorabilia. It is our little piece of home. Since he had basketball in the evening we went to dinner on Sunday. I wanted chips and salsa from Chili's so away we went. We hadn't been there since my sister lived with us two years ago. I forgot what great salads they have!
My Flowers from Jalyn via my mom and dad
But, the best part of the weekends was getting to spend the time with Jalyn. She cracks John and I up most of the time. We both hate being away from her, so back to playing the lotto we go.


Her Elvis Look...

No comments :
Post a Comment