Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{Scrappy Goodness} Fantastic Moments

I have two posts up today, so be sure to scroll down to see my post for the Memory Nest DT.

Welcome to a brand new challenge this week at Use It Tuesday!  I'm really excited for this weeks reveal. This week the DT is sharing with you projects using a current trend.  Let me tell you the DT as done another fantastic job for you this week.  There are a number of trends and great hoarded items being used.

For my trend, I selected doilies and enamel dots.  I know, surprise, surprise.  If you have looked at any of my layouts recently you know that I barely have a layout recently with a doily.  And really I just can't get enough of enamel dots. Both are my go too embellishments lately.

This week I decided to do a layout of my in-laws.  I have to tell you, I'm one lucky girl because I have amazing in-laws.  I look forward to spending time with them.  They gave me my fabulous nickname of giggles.  Which you always know they love you if you get a nickname and got mine when I was 16!  I knew I was good from then on.

So now that I have babbled let's get on to sharing my layout.  I used a sketch I saw on Let's Get Sketchy.  I thought it was just a great sketch.  It provided a great jumping off point for me this week.

What are my hoarded items this week you ask? Well, that beautiful large dot paper is about a year old and I'm sad to say that I wish I had bought 5 sheets of it.  I had a heard time parting with it.  The stripped paper as been in my stash for about 2 years.  But, the real winner this week is that photo!  That photo was taken in July 2007 and printed a couple months after.  It has been in my 'to scrap' pile for about 7 years!  Crazyness.

Overall:

A few close-ups



Ok, now it is your turn.  Head on over to the Use It Tuesday blog and see what the other DT members have for you this week.  While you are there you can link up your own project using a current trend.  Remember to use those hoarded items and tell us all about it!

Have a beautiful day! Smiles, Jessica

Also linking up to the following blogs this week:
Let's Get Sketchy- August Week 3 sketch
Use your Words Challenge Blog- August 1st Challenge Moments

24 comments :

  1. I love the background paper! Thank you for linking up to LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your product choices! Your did a fabulous job with the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully done, great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at UYW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful layout! Love the deep rich colours! Glad you joined in the fun over at Use Your Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout with a great design! Thanks for joining us at UYW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! The polka dots, the colors, the details and photo...everything is fabulous! So glad you shared with us at Use Your Words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your polka dot background, it looks fabulous with your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at UYW &LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Design. Thanks for joining us at UYW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous take on the sketch, love the colours and doilies! Thanks for linking up with LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet page. Thanks for joining in at UYW :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice layout, love the photo! thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely page! Thanks for joining us at LGS and UYW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty page. Love the color combo and doilies. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete