We got in town right in the middle of rush hour, which was so much fun let me tell. I thought Phoenix and LA were bad. They have nothin' on DC! Once we made it through the traffic we were able to find our apartment without too much trouble. However, we got there and looked at the place we said no thank you! I can't pinpoint exactly one big thing that was wrong, it was just a lot of little things that added up. Plus, we were suppose to have a two bedroom and they weren't giving us that. We were getting a one bedroom with a den. The den didn't even have a closet. So, we went to some of their sister properties to see if we could get a bigger and a little nicer place. We found it a couple hours later. Since we had already done all the paperwork for the one place they just transferred it all to our new place.
So next hurtle you ask. The place would be ready for us to move in for two weeks! Yep, you heard be correctly, two weeks. The first thing I had to do was call the electric and cable companies and have everything transferred over from one place to the other. Then we had to figure out what to do with all of our stuff for two weeks.
Once all that was done, we found a hotel to stay at for a little while. That was getting pretty expensive, plus Jay and I were running out of stuff to do in the hotel so we took off to South Carolina for a few days. We spent the week with John's family. It was great to have space to spread out and not be so confined. John came down on Friday after his first week of work to pick us up and head back to DC. While we were there, Curtis and the fam came for the weekend to see everyone. I got to old their new baby, Ashlynn. She is so cute. And before any asks, no I'm not getting baby fever. I have to finish school first.
Playing outside with Grandma B...
Running with CJ...
Boom, Boom
We tried...
CJ and Jay playing together... They had to have the same toy at the same time.
Our little family. Jay's face cracks me up.
When we got back from South Carolina, our stuff came a couple days later. It the final hurtle in our little adventure. Once the truck came, we learned that bulk-head had busted and everything in the truck fell. When we opened the back of the truck it was all in a pile. I started having a panic attack. All I could think about was everything that was probably broken. The picture look a lot worse than it really was. In the end we only had about ten things that were broken and they were things that really didn't matter all that much. We were really lucky, it could have been a lot worse!
Back of the Truck... It was stacked all the way to the top and solid. There were no holes anywhere.
This is what most of the boxes looked like. There boxes that were completely ripped and the items inside them were underneath the above pile on the ground.
Now, we are settled in for the most part. I am still rearranging every now and then. I decide it might work better a different way or what not. But, we are here, moved in and ready for adventures.



No comments :
Post a Comment