Monday, October 18, 2010

Nonna and Grandpa's 1st Visit and Ears

My parents came to visit us Labor Day weekend.  Though we were not unpacked at all and our new couch came the day before they did.  It was nice to have them here.  There is something very calming about having your parents visit, even when things are mass chaos.  My dad helped me put up some shelving all over everywhere to try and create some extra storage for us.  The one bad thing about living in an apartment again is there is absolutly no storage!  I will have to take some pictures to post.  I forgot how hard it is to live in an apartment.  I don't think I slept for the first month getting use to being able to hear everything.


My parents stayed in a hotel while they were here.  We were just not ready for people to stay yet.  While, they were here we ventured into the City one day.  We took the Metro into the City so that we didn't have to figure out parking.  Plus, I wanted extra help figuring out the Metro so one day I can do on my own with Jay.  We went to the Natural History Museum and the World War II memorial.  I should also mention this was John's first visit to DC since he was a baby.  It was so much fun to see how Jay and John reacted to everything.  We all had a great time going.  We were so exhausted from the adventure, but John and I knew that it would be the start of many more!

This was Jay most of the time looking up....


Looking up again...

The Capitol Building
Smile
Jay looking at the WWII Memorial.  She liked the water.
I couple of mornings we took Jay swimming at the hotel.  She loves to swim.  I had to start putting water wings on her because she was getting a little brave, trying to leap out of my arms.  My mom talked me into putting her under the water for the first time.  She wasn't sure about that experience, but it was cute to see her face when you did it.
The last thing we did was take Jaylyn to get her ears pierced. She lost her mind, but she did well. I haven't been able to get a really good picture yet of her ears. You can kind of see them in different pictures I take. She won't hold still long enough for me to take a close up. I will one day, I promise!




Overall, it was a great trip and we are looking forward to them coming again in December!

No comments :

Post a Comment