Tuesday, June 4, 2013

{Scrappy Goodness} What's a Girl to do?




Hello and Welcome to The Memory Nest Design Team Tuesday!  I love this day!  It is so much fun to see what everyone as come up with each week.

This week we got to work with the fabulous Glitz Cashmere Dame Line.  This was a great line to work with.  I really loved the colors and the honeycomb shapes!  I decided to try my hand at misting again.  I will tell you the jury is still out on them.  What I did love about misting was the little bit of sparkle it added to my page.  Oh, how I love the sparkle.

A little close up of the sparkle.  I hope you can see it ok.  It was a little harder to photograph than I was expecting. The mist that I used last week was great because it didn't wrinkle my paper.  This mist wrinkled my paper some and I didn't like that as much.  

Yes, I was crazy enough to cut out all the hexagon shapes on the page.  I really wanted to highlight those on my page.  I loved how they were really haphazard on the paper so I used that thought on my layout and made little groupings all of the layout.


In the up corner I added a three more little hexagons and some more of the little paper strips.  I then added some extra dimension with some enamel dots.

For the title I used the one of the stickers from the title sticker sheet.  I thought it was a little large for my layout so I cut some of the excess off of the sticker.  Then used the teeny alphas from the line for the rest of the title.





If you haven't been over to The Memory Nest's blog today make sure you make it over there to check out what all the DT members have created this month.

Thank you for stopping my today!  I hope you enjoyed my layout.

Have a beautiful day! Smiles, Jessica

2 comments :

  1. Love your page Jessica. Cool use of the mist. I like how it wrinkled the page because it accentuated the hexagons! I thought you did it on purpose. Thanks for creating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will go with I did it on purpose. ;)

      Delete